Were you inspired by Lauren's amazing bedroom makeover? I sure was! My bedroom has been on my makeover list for awhile. My husband and I have a decent size three bedroom apartment but our bedroom is pretty small, so we don't spend much time in there apart from sleeping. Because of that, I haven't worried too much about how it looks. It's always been a rotating random mess of hodgepodge items and decor. I'm finally ready to clear out and decide on exactly what look I want for the room. Instead of walking into the room every day and hating the way it looks, I'm excited to create a comfortable bedroom space that will help me relax and feel at peace!
Here are a few goals I have for the room:
• Paint the walls white to brighten the room. Our landlord painted before we moved in and I HATE the two shades of green she chose!
• DIY a wood headboard (like this one) for the bed.
• Night stands on both sides of the bed. The space is small so beside tables can be tricky. I found some inspiration here. Now to figure out if I DIY or buy.
• New window treatments and bedding.
• Pick out new artwork that compliments the neutral color pallet.
• Find mirror for above the dresser?
Have any ideas or suggestions for me? I always love to hear your creative ideas!
Also, please excuse these not so flattering few photos. With one window and not a lot of natural light, plus those ugly green wall (they MUST GO!), the room doesn't photograph so well.